Marcus & Millichap and the Net Lease Advisory Group recently welcomed Doug Kinson to their national net lease services team. Doug Kinson is an experienced real estate executive with over 20 years of experience in brokerage, development, sales and leasing. Doug is based in Marcus & Millichap’s regional office in Orlando, Florida.
Throughout his career, Doug has worked with owners and investors looking to maximize their returns through the application of proven real estate strategies. He has recently closed a variety of net lease transactions on behalf of both buyers and sellers that include CVS Health, Walgreens, Wawa, and 7-Eleven along with many banks and quick service restaurants.
Doug’s focus at Marcus & Millichap with the Net Lease Advisory Group is exclusively on assisting owners, investors and developers with net lease investments throughout the State of Florida and across the U.S.
Prior to joining Marcus & Millichap, Doug served as Director of Net Lease Investments at Calkain Companies and Atlantic Retail Properties, where he successfully negotiated net lease transactions on behalf of his national clients.
Doug served as Mayor of the City of Maitland, Florida, from 2006 to 2011. During one of the most challenging financial times in our history, Doug spearheaded the planning, funding and construction of new public facilities for the City including City Hall and police and fire stations. He chaired the Community Redevelopment Agency and guided Planning and Zoning to prepare the City for the future.
Doug is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin with both a Master’s in Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
Marcus & Millichap is the nation’s leading provider of investment brokerage services consistently closing more investment transactions than any other firm in the U.S. With access to the nation’s largest database of private and institutional investors, our investment professionals provide clients with an unparalleled perspective on the investment real estate market locally, regionally and nationally.
Area of Specialization
- Drug Stores
- Gas & Convenience
- Quick Service Corporate & Franchisee Restaurants
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- National Real Estate Investor
- IBM Corporation – Chicago, IL and Orlando, FL
- Pizzuti Companies – Orlando, FL and Columbus, OH
- CB Commercial – Orlando, FL
- Atlantic Retail – Jupiter, FL
- Calkain Companies – Tampa, FL
- Marcus & Millichap – Orlando, FL
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering – University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Master’s Degree in Business Management – University of Wisconsin – Madison
Doug and his wife, Barbara, have three children, Barbara has taught Kindergarten in the public school system for her entire career, and their children all graduated from either Florida State University or the University of Florida. Family guides and directs everything they do in life.